I don’t know about you, but I will never be too old to enjoy a refreshing popsicle on a hot day. Especially if said popsicle has healthy ingredients like strawberries and yogurt in it! You only need 5 ingredients to make these and I promise they’ll put a big, popsicle-juice-covered grin on your face =). I used these molds to make them.
A few fun facts:
Fact #1 It is reeeaally hard to take pictures of a popsicle in front of a sunny window.
Fact #2 I actually didn’t mind that my subject insisted on melting, because that gave me no choice but to eat it!
Fact #3 I do not lick popsicles, I BITE them. This was about 6 bites in. Yum.
Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Popsicles
Adapted from theKitchen
Makes about 6 popsicles (depends on the size of your mold)
1 pint strawberries, quartered
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons water
Juice of 1 large lemon
1 cup plain yogurt
- Bring the strawberries, water, and sugar to a simmer in a medium sauce pan.
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Take the strawberries off the stove and let them cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Pour into a food processor or blender, add the lemon juice and yogurt. Puree until almost liquefied.
- Taste the mixture and add more sugar/lemon juice/yogurt if you like.
- Pour into molds and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!